What a driven, type A+ personality, creative professional who also plays roller derby has learned on a daily basis.

Monday, September 8, 2008

9/8/08

Today I learned: Real life is always a helluva lot more bizarre than what I could ever make up.

Imagine a real estate office housed in a dilapidated building, the steps are caked in dog hair. Thanks to the office's two extremly loud dogs, a Pomeranian and Jack Russel in cages. The office assistant is not only one of the thinnest people I've ever seen but I think he's a Sikh... if Sikh's wear red turbans. I'm not certain of this. He was a very nice man, as was the office owner. So honestly, what's a little barking and dog hair?

Plus, "You must get this all the time, but you know who you look like?"
"No, who?"
"That lady on Saturday Night Live, Tina Fey."
"I have never heard that before."
"Really?!"

For the record I have been told (many many many extra lb's ago) that I look like: Riki Lake and Jerry Garcia's Daughter... the 'fat one'.

Never Tina Fey. I guess things, and not extra lb's, are looking up!

No comments: